Sunday, July 24, 2011

Juice Me

So, I lost 14 pounds and then my body decided it was done. A plateau is normal for every diet but dammit, I'm impatient!!! I decided to do the Mean Green Cleanse. I think they need to change the name, though. I wouldn't call it "mean"......it's mildly intimidating at best. I borrowed a juicer from my lovely hippy friend, bought 30 dollars worth of fruits and veggies, strapped on my Reese's Tshirt for solidarity to my first love (junk food) and got to juicing.





First thoughts:
1. $30 buys you about enough for one 20 oz drink.
2. WHAT A FUCKING WASTE! There's so much that gets discarded. All that cucumber that could have gone onto a beautiful tomato and cucumber sandwich with LOTS of mayo.......yuuuuuuuuum.
3. The first taste is some what nice, with apples and lemon. Aftertaste is a bitch. That's when you get hit by the celery and kale. I wouldn't necessarily say it's inedible....just not in any way yummy. Maybe after a couple of days of no food it will taste more like a chocolate shake. Doubt it.

I don't hate it but it's going to take some getting used to, that's for damn sure. I'm willing to try it because the temptation to say "fuck it" and eat my face off is killing me. My boys are off to the beach with their Father and his parents. Not getting to be with them is depressing enough. Adding to that major bummer is the fact that I still remain without a job. I know everything is going to work out but in the meantime the crap food is calling me. Trying this juicing thing is occupying my mind and sticky junk food fingers. We'll see;)

4 comments:

  1. Yuck!!! I don't think I could do it. I hate vegetables (I don't eat any - I know... bad me.). How long do you have to do this? How are you going to do it at work?!? Good luck with finding a job! I am sure it's frustrating not having a job yet. And I am also sure it's going to be rough not having your kids around. Maybe it will give you a chance to focus on your juice diet - although sometimes, not having anything to do can be a recipe for disaster (and I say that assuming that not having the kids around will decrease the amount of stuff you have to do). Anywho - good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the waste of the pulp is troublesome. But, according to the interwebs, by juicing that stuff you're getting a good deal of the nutrients out in the juice. So, just think of what's left over as the semi-dry remains of what was once loaded with good stuff. Best of luck with the juicing, mAB! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I think it's up to the individual how long to do it. Seeing as I'm supposed to be going to Little Rock on Friday I'll probably do it until then but I think some people do it for 2 weeks. I'm not big on veggies either but I do kinda like V8 juice....it kinda tastes like that (minus the tomatoes). I have NO idea how work is going to go but I plan on making the juice in the morning and taking it with me....hopefully no one will see green juice in the fridge and throw it away;). Honestly, I've been doing weight watchers up until now so I don't eat a ton at work anyway. I just wish it wasn't go dang HOT outside! I'd gladly run for hours if we didn't like on the freaking sun! Running is the best way to get out all those bad junk food toxins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lack of protein is getting to my brain....all sorts of errors in that comment but I think you can figure out what I'm saying....LOL!

    ReplyDelete