Thursday, November 22, 2012

All You Need

Excellent Thanksgiving, if I do say so myself.

It was just me and my boys this year. They don't eat my cooking so I decided just to do a turkey and some green beans. Perfection. I now know what I was doing wrong all those years. My turkeys were always either under cooked or over cooked. Here's the secret to making the best Thanksgiving turkey...are ya ready? Get a pencil...listening ears on??? OK....when it comes to making Thanksgiving dinner you only need to remember one thing- the turkey. That's it. Seriously, all you need is the fucking turkey. When you don't have all that other shit to distract you.....pies and casseroles and potatoes and blah blah blah....you can focus on the star of the show- the turkey. Make everyone else bring shit. I suck at multitasking. I own that fact.

So, the turkey was beautiful, the boys were AMAZINGLY well behaved, the weather was freakishly gorgeous (we spent a good 2 hours outside blowing bubbles!!!)...no complaints:). I even got to watch the damn parade. I can't remember the last time that happened. Admittedly, I've been a bit on the blue side lately but today I was all smiles. 

Turkey Day Montage Follows:


Weird Face


Scared/Suspicious/Stink Face 


"Hey, look! There's something amusing on the wall" Face


Us Face


Dinner- Turkey, green beans, and pie. All ya need:)


Thanksgiving slumber party in the living room!


Philosophical debate on why Meet the Robinsons does not have a plausible plot line.
Ari remained neutral on the matter.


 This little man takes the cake. All day he was an absolute dream. Everything we've gone through (and continue to go through, just not as often) and he finally seems to be at peace. Such a wonderful day and memory.

Happy Thanksgiving. Give us a smile. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a good Thanksgiving! Very cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa!!! I hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving:)

      Delete