Thursday, June 27, 2013

So, I get home from work yesterday to this email from Pinterest:

"Hi Holly,

 We recently removed one of your pins because it goes against our policies. The pin was from your board "curves, vintage and modern" and it originally came from http://d3oeu2l8qd7s1b.cloudfront.net/286939-1038966-7.jpg. Could you please remove any other pins like this from your account? We don’t allow things that are inappropriate for the general public, like sexually explicit pins, anywhere on Pinterest. We do allow works of art and educational pins, like you might see in a museum or classroom. Could you please delete any other pins that go against our policies?

Thanks for your help,
 Ben & The Pinterest Team"


Yeah.....This is the "sexually explicit" pin they removed:




Dear Team Ben (and person who obviously reported this pin),

1. This IS art.
2. I think it's safe to say this is something I WOULD see in a museum.
3. The female form in and of itself is not inappropriate. It is beautiful and elegant.
4. 99% of what I have on Pinterest boards are repinned directly from Pinterest so no, I will not take anything down. You don't like it? You take it down.
5. Thank you and fuck off. 


Sincerely,
Team Alice


Well, I know I feel better:)

6 comments:

  1. I like the painting. Silly Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! So I'm not crazy???

    PS I miss Hayden! Give him hugs for me:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whhhattttt????? I could find way worse on pinterest (on my own pinterest board, easily) in .0001 seconds! Someone hates pretty, tasteful art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No joke! I'm sad for them. Sad little weirdo:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same pin removed! Did they remove yours completely or leave it? Mine is gone and it upsets me because I replicated that art with my own painting and I want to have it on my finished crafts board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They removed mine completely and it still baffles me as to why! If I were you, I'd pin it anyway! I, for one, would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete